A significant portion of your sales pipeline lands in the space between your initial contact with a prospect and their final decision. This stage of the pipeline is usually where many sales professionals fail and forfeit potential business. It’s difficult staying in touch with a large pipeline of prospects who have stalled in the decision-making process. There should be a better way to stay in touch with prospects.
SMS Text Messaging for Sales Follow-up
Text messaging offers you an additional tool for following up with your sales leads. While it doesn’t always replace phone calls and emails, 90% of text messages are read within the first 3 minutes of receiving them. Phone calls are time-consuming, and inboxes are flooded with unread messages. SMS text messaging is a convenient way to touch base with your prospects and feel confident they received and read your message.
Used properly, texting your sales leads increases your chances of making sales. Make follow-ups easy and fast using templates and scheduled messages.
Follow-up Message Ideas for Prospects
Here are examples of several scenarios and templates for following up with your sales leads.
- After a follow-up phone call
- “Hi John, I just called and thought I’d follow up with a quick text message. Let me know if you have any questions for me.”
- After emailing important documents or time-sensitive information
- “Hi John, I just emailed you the quotes for those services. If you could take a minute to review them, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!”
- After meeting in-person
- “Thanks for meeting with me this morning! I enjoyed learning more about your business. Please let me know if you have any further questions – if not, I’ll plan to follow up with you again in two weeks.”
- Touch base with leads that have gone cold
- “Hi John! It’s been a while since we’ve touched base. Want to grab a coffee this week?”
- “Hi John! How’s business going? Let’s catch up next week. How does Thursday sound?”
- Seasonal messages to stay top of mind
- “Happy Thanksgiving John! I’m glad we’ve had a chance to get to know each other this year discussing your business goals. As we draw near the closing of this year its time to consider your business goals for next year. Want to set a time to discuss your goals for the new year?
Depending on your industry and who your prospects are will determine the right follow-up messages for you. The most important thing to remember is consistent follow-ups and hearing “no” or “not now” from prospects only brings you closer to a “yes”! Stay organized and consistent. Sales is about building relationships over time and Beetexting was designed for that exact purpose – creating deeper relationships.
Turn your most used follow-up messages into templates for following up quickly and easily.
- Open your Beetexting app on your desktop computer.
- Create a custom template:
- In the left column, click on “Tools”
- On the Tools page, select “Templates” from the top navigation
- Select “Create Template”
- Give your template a title (you are the only one that sees the title) and write your message.
- Once your message is ready click “Create Template” in the lower-left corner.
- Now you’re ready!
Bonus: Schedule Your Messages
If you have specific messages you send every prospect then you can schedule your messages to send on a certain day and time.
- Click on the compose icon and search your customer’s name or enter their number manually.
- Next, click on the “Template” icon right below your text box and select the template you’d like to use OR write a custom message in the text box.
- Once your template looks the way you’d like, click on the “Schedule” icon below your text box and choose the day and time you want your prospect to receive the text.
- Click “Schedule”
Beetexting helps you stay connected with your sales leads in a meaningful way. It’s easy to use and effective. For more ideas on how to use Beetexting for your sales follow-up needs or questions about how Beetexting can help your business text 309-605-0390 to talk with a Beetexting representative.