Nurture your sales leads and customers with sequence automations. A sequence automation is a series of text messages sent automatically to contacts on a specific schedule you choose. Typically, a sequence is triggered by when a lead/customer texts you a specific keyword that is programmed to initiate the sequence.
How to Create a Sequence Automation with a Keyword Trigger
- Open the Beetexting app on your desktop computer (not on your mobile device).
- Select "Tools" in the left-hand column
- Navigate to "Automations" in the top row
- Select "Create automation"
- Title your automation (this is an internal title - no one else sees this outside the organization).
- For your conditions, change the dropdown to "Message Received" and "Exactly Matches".
- Add your keyword. (A good keyword idea: "JOIN")
- Now it's time to add your actions - you are going to add two actions:
- For your first action: change the dropdown to "Send a reply immediately".
- Write your reply in the text box provided.
- Here's an example: “Thank you for your interest in XYZ company! We’re so glad you’re here. To serve you best, what services are you interested in? You can reply here. Msg&data rates apply. Reply STOP to opt-out or HELP for more info"
- Next select "add action".
- For your second action: add a tag action in order to keep track of all your contacts who have opted-in for promotional messages from you. Change the dropdown to "Add tag to contact immediately" and choose your tag.
- A good tag word for leads: “Lead”.
- Once you're done simply turn the automation ON and select "Create"
- Great work! You've completed your first sequence automation using a keyword for gathering inbound leads. You can always revisit this automation later to add additional messages to your sequence.