Send helpful communication to your customers
For this tutorial, we’ll use your personal number as the “customer” you’re reaching out to.
(While you cannot initiate a text conversation from your Beetexting number until your business verification is complete you can reply to people who initiate a conversation with you first.)
Tags and Notes
1. Adding Tags and Notes to Your Customer Profiles
- Send a text to your Beetexting number from your personal phone number.
- On your Beetexting dashboard, go to the new conversation thread you started from your personal number.
- To the right of the conversation thread is a contact profile, add a tag to the contact profile. The tag should identify the contact as a customer. A good tag example might be the word “customer” or “client”. If you have multiple services you could add a second tag with the name of one of your services.
- Next, add any notes that are unique to this customer for future reference and for teammates to access as well.
Creating and Using Template Messages
1. Create a Template Message
Template messages are created for many purposes, including answers to frequently asked questions and common responses.
- Open the Beetexting app on your desktop computer (not on your mobile device).
- Select "Tools" in the left-hand column
- Navigate to "Templates" in the top row
- Select "Create Template"
- Give your template a title (internal reference only)
- Write your message
- Select whether the Template will be Personal or Shared.
- Personal templates are always accessible to you, no matter what number you are messaging from. Shared templates are assigned to specific phone numbers and are accessible to everyone assigned to that phone number.
- Select "create template"
2. How to Use Your Template Messages
- Below your text box in your conversation thread is a series of feature icons, the icon with a piece of paper with a "T" on it is the template icon, it’s the fourth icon from the left.
- Open a conversation with the customer you’re communicating with. To use a templated message, simply click on the template icon below your text box and all your created templates will appear.
- Choose the template you’d like to use – click on the “Use” button to the right of the template you’ve chosen. It will auto-populate into the text box.
- Review your message and hit “send”