How to Migrate from Zipwhip to Beetexting
We know you need a solution to getting back to work quickly. With the Zipwhip Migration Tool, you can migrate your number, contacts, and conversations from Zipwhip to Beetexting easily. Make the switch and get back to texting your customers in no time.
Are you still deciding if Beetexting is the right fit for your business? Visit our Zipwhip Alternative page to learn more about our features and how they compare with Zipwhip.
Start Your Migration
Migrating your number, contacts, and conversation history from Zipwhip is a simple 3 part process. Before you begin, contact Zipwhip customer support and ask them to export your contacts and conversations for you.
The first step is adding your number
1. Open the Beetexting app on your desktop computer
2. Navigate to Settings by selecting “Settings” in the left column
3. Navigate to Numbers by selecting “Numbers” in the top row
4. Select “Add Number”
5. From this screen you will select the bottom option “Text Enable Existing Landline”
6. Add a name to your phone number. This will help you identify the number in case you choose to add more numbers in the future.
7. Select “Next”
8. Add your phone number account information
9. Select “Next”
10. We’ll need to call your number in order to verify – select “CALL ME” and have your phone handy to answer the call.
11. You’ll receive a verification code. Write this down and then enter it on the next screen.
12. That’s it! Your number is now enabled to use with Beetexting.
After your number is enabled it’s time to import your contacts. Heres’ how:
1. Before you can import your contacts, you need to ask Zipwhip to export them from your account. They will be happy to do this for you.
2. Once you have your contacts you can start the import process.
3. Select “Contacts” located next to “Conversations”
4. Then select the “Import” icon
5. Download the CSV Format file and modify your contact file to match.
6. Once your file is ready, drag and drop to upload
7. Select “Import Contacts”
The last step in the migration process is importing your conversations.
1. Just like with your contacts, you need to ask Zipwhip to export your conversation history. They will be happy to do this for you.
2. Once you have your conversations you can start the import process.
3. Select “Settings” from the left-hand column
4. Then select “Organizations”
5. Similar to contacts you want to download the CSV format and make sure your file from Zipwhip matches the format necessary for uploading to Beetexting.
6. Upload your file and you’re ready to go!
If you get stuck along the way or want help with the migration process please contact us at any time! We are happy to help you make the transition as seamless as possible for you.